[AT] Easier to Start?

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 05:50:40 PDT 2012

Charlie V., I did try your suggestion to pinpoint the problem.  The
Super A did start much better, even though it didn't run well.  I think
it was running rich, but I didn't want to destroy the settings which
work well on my other A, so I reinstalled the old carb.

Interestingly, for those following this thread, the Super A still only
runs evenly with 1/2 choke.  Even after the cleaned carburetor, it still
only runs well with 1/2.   It doesn't smoke, has plenty of power, and
consumes less fuel at that setting than any of my other tractors running
with no choke.

I wonder if some trash is in the sediment bowl housing?  The only other
option is junk in the air cleaner.  Those two options seems to me to be
the only way to cause the problem.

Is there a way to remove the "steel wool" substance in the air cleaner
so as to clean it well?  I'm assuming the bottom (inside the cup) with
the radial lines comes out, but for some reason the bottom on my Super A
doesn't want to budge.  Am I thinking correctly here? Does this model
air cleaner come apart?

Thanks for the tip, Charlie!  I'll remember that one for future reference.

Ben W.