[AT] Easier to Start?

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:47:12 PDT 2012

Ben,

,Having read all of the good suggestions given so far, I will offer
one more.  If Mike Sloan's (Hi Mike) propane suggestion does not help,
how about "borrowing a carburetor from one of your other Farmall A's
and putting it on the problem one.  If the gas line is at a different
position on the borrowed carb, borrow the other gas line to go with
it.  The time investment will be small compared to what you have
already done.  That should tell you once and for all if the 1/2 choke
problem and the hard starting is carb caused.  After you prove that it
is, you would need to look to replace that carb with another (used
preferably), or get a good kit for yours, or find a clogged fuel
passage that has been missed so far..  If the problem is not carb
caused, you would at least not waste any more time going down that
road.

Some might ask why mess up a good running tractor for one that runs
poorly.  It should not mess up the good running tractor for any longer
that the time needed to change the carb over, test run, and change it
back.

Good luck,

Charlie V.