[AT] Remembering Mom's Clothesline OT

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 13 19:17:06 PST 2012

Never remember my mom wiping the line down either Ralph. I know we were
using plastic coated wire the last time it was reworked. The "T" poles we
had were made of steel pipe about 3" in dia. and set in concrete. Didn't
have to worry about anything sagging!

Speaking of clotheslines, anybody ever have a washhouse? Ours was a small
shed with electricity to pull the Maytag wringer washer and a brick wood
fired oven (for lack of a better term) used to fire 2 cast iron pots of
water which was then dipped into the washer. The floor was poured in
concrete.I don't remember any water supply so they must have ran the water
hose from the house. We eventually busted up the brick oven and now park
tractors in there---the concrete wasn't thick enough to stand up to the
steel wheels though!

John