[AT] Remembering Mom's Clothesline OT

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 13 18:54:19 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Len Rugen" <rugenl at yahoo.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Remembering Mom's Clothesline OT

> Some #9 wire would oxidize and leave black marks, really bad wire would
> leave rust on the clothes.  However, our wire was the old bare telephone
> wire which must have had some copper in it, it looked different, was
> softer but only had to be wiped in mulberry season :-)

My clothesline is plastic coated wire so no problems with rust. Never heard
of the idea of wiping of the clothesline. Guess we live in such an unspoiled
pristine wilderness out here that its not an issue. I rarely use the dryer.
Clotheslines are cheaper and more environmentally friendly. Washday is any
day of the week when I have the time or the inclination.
Ironing? Whats that?

Ralph in Sask.