[AT] chop-saw

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 30 08:44:54 PST 2012

Jim,  about 30 years ago, when we were first starting to see Asian made
tools in this country,
the company I worked for needed some big combination wrenches.  I mean
starting at 1" and going up
to use bolting up big tank cleanouts in industrial plants.   We bought some
from a local industrial supply
house and paid close to $200 in mid 1980's dollars for a set.  A few weeks
later the boss and I were in
a country store/farm supply kind of place and we saw an identical looking
set on the shelf for about $25 or $30.
I don't remember now but it was cheap.  We bought the set and took them back
and compared them.  They
were IDENTICAL right down to the casting/forging marks to the set we paid
big bucks for at the "reputable"
industrial supply house.

Good is good and junk is junk regardless where you buy it or what you pay
for it.  The problem is telling the difference.

Charlie