[AT] Now Ralph Video -- disc brakes

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 29 13:49:07 PST 2012

Not exactly the disc brake setup you guys are talking about, but I have a
tractor with truck drum brakes on it. It is a 1937 IH industrial 20
(industrial version of a McCormick 10-20). It has enormous drum brakes on
each rear wheel, although only one brake pedal. We figured it was something
special for that tractor until we went to a Red Power Roundup show in TN one
year. While looking at the trucks, one of them was restored as just a cab
and chassis and was about a 30's vintage. The brake setup looks just like on
my tractor. Either they built the tractor around existing brake products or
copied them really close. I've never freed them up, I just use the parking
brake, that's all a 10-20 has and this one is about twice its size.

John Hall