[AT] A little Allis Help Please

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:31:51 PDT 2012

The engine is the same on both tractors.  The block casting number won't
tell you a thing.  You're going to have to get a good look at
the number on the torque tube.  Other than that, if you can post some
pictures, some of us that are very familiar with AC stuff
can possibly tell by looking at it.  No guarantee.  One way to tell is by
the rear wheels.  D-12's have a 2" wider stance than D-10's
but you would have to have the rears spun all the way out or all the way in
against the locks and measure it to know.

The serial number is hap-hazardly stamped into the descending edge of the
torque tube on the left hand side looking forward.
It will be something like D10 xxxxx or D12  xxxxx  with a space in between
so you need to concentrate on the part of the number closest to the center
of the tractor.  Everyone of them I've ever looked at read down hill from
the center out so that you need to be facing the rear of the tractor to read
it right side up.

Charlie