[Farmall] Farmall H hydraulics

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 13:37:27 PDT 2011

Jerry, there are 3 ports on the H pump, 2 are the same hooked together, one on the right and one on the left. They are a single acting system. When you pull the control lever back they are pressurized, you release it and they hold. Push it forward and it allows the oil to free flow back into the reservoir, the implement pushes the cylinder back to push the oil back to the reservoir. The 3rd outlet is a delayed circuit that would be used with a front and rear mounted cultivator or similar tool. It is the one on the left and I think is the rear one. The normal outlet would raise the front implement then the back would raise after that  by the 2n or delayed port.

To do what you want to do you will need a valve connected to the pump port, could be as many spools as you want, and also need to route a return to the hydraulic unit usually the fill tube is used, I'd also add a filter after the valve on the low pressure side. You will also need to have the control lever on the tractor pulled and held back when you wanted to use the system.

You should be able to find the parts you would need at most tractor supply stores, parts catalogs or Dealers. Don't forget possibly tractor junk yards as well as the Internet.

Barney Van De Weert