[AT] October

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sun Oct 23 22:33:18 PDT 2011

I lease the pasture and hayfields here to a young man who runs some
cattle and has a decent sized haying operation.  He moves his haybales
(both round and square bales) with a 24 foot gooseneck trailer.  When he
is working alone he uses a 3 point hitch adapter on the loader tractor
to attach the trailer.  He pulls into the field with haybales to gather,
drops the trailer and get to work loading.  If he has help (his dad
primarily) they pull the gooseneck with a dually truck using one loader
tractor in the filed and another at the storage site.  I suspect they
found they could save time by pulling the trailer with the truck rather
than the tractor - and since most of this travel is on paved roads the
tractor tires last longer.

David
NW NC