[AT] Pluck chickens with a clothes dryer?

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:31:26 PDT 2011

As for sausage, the best I've had is homemade.  A local farm down the road
butchers hogs and makes pork, ham and bacon.  The bacon is mediocre, but the
sausage is fabulous.  They won't tell me how they season it, they make the
seasoning mix themselves, but it's chemical free so no MSG.  Heartland
Harvest is the farm name.

Since we're on breakfast foods, I'm sure some of you have had ponhoss.  My
granddad still makes the stuff, since everyone has a different flavor.  My
great-grandfather perfected the recipe, and it's been passed down to my
granddad.  I am "in training" to receive the baton of Wagner ponhoss.  The
recipe is more of taste testing, by memory, but the result is always pretty
good.  I get many raised eyebrows from city folks who doubt the goodness of
hog heads and cornmeal, but if they got over the revulsion they'd love it.

Ben Wagner