[AT] How To Get a Tractor Out of The Mud - på Norsk

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:15:46 PST 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On 2/27/2011 10:51 AM, Mike Sloane wrote:
> > I wish I had thought of something like that when I got my Farmall 560
> > stuck in the black dirt marsh a few years back. Nothing I tried worked,
> > and I finally got a neighbor with his backhoe to pull it out. The
> > lesson: never let your largest tractor get stuck in the mud.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > On 2/27/2011 11:10 AM, Dave Ernst wrote:
> >>
> >>           pretty crude, but it worked.
> >>

> http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2011/how-to-get-tractor-out-of-mud-p1.php
> >>
> I've seen that one before and its a good one. Old Fordson Majors like we
> see (or used to) here in Canada . That is specifically the type of
> practice that the tractor and safety manuals warn against and you can
> see how the front end of the tractor was trying to lift. A careless
> operator could have flipped it but this guy knew what he was doing.
> And your right Mike, once you get the biggest tractor stuck it gets a
> little worrisome.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

Dad once planted his HD-10 crawler tractor and scraper up to the top of the
tracks. The front tires on the scraper were gone too. He got similarly
creative and chained 3' pieces of railroad tie onto the tracks with some old
pieces of log chain he had. He was able to walk it up out of that hole
enough to unhitch the scraper and pull it out from a little different angle.

You don't want to know what it did to those pieces of chain. :)

Yes, getting your largest, heaviest equipment buried isn't going to make
your day.

Ken in AZ