[Farmall] McCormick-Deering 10-20 Engine Serial Number

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 05:51:15 PDT 2011

My apologies that I couldn't reply back sooner.  I've had a rather eventful
last couple of days!

The 10-20 was a 1923 model on full steel.  It has sat outside since 2007,
painted, in front of a museum in WV.  Honestly, I doubt if it runs anymore.
The owner said that it ran when he parked it; they drained the gas out and
left it.  However, water has taken over the fuel tank, and children love to
play with the engine crank.  The combination doesn't sound good!  I could
turn it over with the crank, but something was grinding loudly around the
clutch area.  The serial tag is AWOL, and I didn't see the number like Milo
sent.  The owner quoted 1923 as mentioned by the previous owner.  I told the
owner that I was surprised someone hadn't stolen parts off of the tractor.
It has a good complete magneto, original gauges, and from the outside the
carb looks complete.

I'm still looking for a good 10-20.  I've seen a few behind barns or in the
farm dumps in my area.  Most of them are only good for parts, if even that.

My Granddad mentioned that the 10-20 my Great-Great Grandfather owned had
rubber tires.  He thought it was just tread bolted to the steel wheel in
place of lugs.  Would tires like that be original or is that a "shade tree"
modification?

On a long shot, does anyone have a 1951 Farmall Super C with serial number
130188?  My Granddad used that tractor for years on his farm.  It was sold
back to the dealership in the '70's; I believe it went to West Virginia
after that.  I'd love to find that tractor and restore it.

Ben Wagner