[Farmall] McCormick-Deering 10-20 Engine Serial Number

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 1 19:52:16 PDT 2011

Ben, the early 10-20's had a large water bath air cleaner. They also used a
different exhaust setup--there may be a difference in the hood to
accommodate this.. They also used Splitdorf magnetos. You can use that as a
reference when the serial # can't be found. I'm pretty certain 10-20's also
could be built with v shaped lugs instead of angle iron cleats. I don't know
if they were options or if it was a design change.

You may have been hearing a mouse nest in the clutch. Its amazing what they
can haul in there.

To my knowledge there were no wheel set-ups with tread bolted on. Industrial
tractors could have had hard tires cast/pressed on (like on a forklift). I
don't know if these were offered on a standard 10-20, probably not.

John Hall