[Farmall] Replacement bolt for 340U fast hitch needed

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Fri Sep 3 08:33:09 PDT 2010

Are you having trouble removing the bolt or is it just a problem finding a
replacement?  That much torque requires a grade 8 bolt or better.  Fastenal
has that size in B7 grade, which I don't think is quite as high as grade 8.
In grade 8, they have a flange bolt.  Bolt Depot has grade 8 in that
diameter and thread but their lengths go straight from 1-1/2 to 2.  You
could probably get a 2 and shorten it a little.  Another option is a Ferry
cap screw (12-point flanged head).  Fastenal has them in the right size.
Given the problems others have commented on, I would lean this direction.

None of these will be drilled for a safety wire.  You could either skip the
wire or try drilling the heads yourself.  That may not be easy in that grade
bolt.
Jim Becker