[AT] Thoughts on small combines,etc. -AC All-Crop 66

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Thu Nov 11 09:31:17 PST 2010

    If I remember right. the clutch was spring loaded to the disengaged
position. It locced in with a leve with a dog or notch that held it in
position. There was a rope connected to this lever that you hooked to the
tractor and when you wanted to stop the combine, you pulled the rope and the
spring disengaged the clutch. There are some videos on utube that clearly
show this rope. Google Allis Chalmers 40 combine to see these videos.

    There was a sale near Botkins, Ohio, last Saturdar where the collector
had 6 model 60 and 2 model 66 combines. I was there Monday picking up some
barn doors for my Amish neighbor and 5 of the combines were still there.
That would sure solve his parts problem.

    AC made the All Crop combines in models 40, 60, 66, 72 and 90. Then
there was the 100 series but didn't use the All Crop logo. Later series used
auger feed and a narrower and heavier cylinder and were able to run corn
with a 1 or 2 row header. I may be a little off on some of these and will
surely accept any corrections.

                        Gene