[AT] Thoughts on small combines, etc. -AC All-Crop 66 - Correction

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 11 10:51:44 PST 2010

I don't know about the 60 but my Dad's Case model A combine had a lever on
the combine on the left just in front of the hopper tank. This lever engaged
the belt tightener on a big flat belt running between the combine (cylinder
I think) and the drive pulley of the Wisconsin V4 engine. Depending on
conditions I think the belt would slip for a bit before the Wisconsin
stalled. I can still recall my Dad quickly stopping the tractor, leaping
back to the combine and pulling the lever to dis-engage the belt. That
Wisconsin could be stubborn to start sometimes so he likely made a great
effort to see that it did not stall.

Ralph in Sask.