[Farmall] 1942 Farmall H distillate or gas

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 15:47:22 PST 2010

As BD suggested buse the small tank for a reseve, back in the good old days we
would remove alot of that stuff. However as we get older and wiser it's better
to keep all parts intact. She probably needs some TLC fluids changed etc, also
you may want to do a compression test to see how good the rings and valves are.
Also looking in the spark plug holes and see if it has flat top pistons (orig)
or domed the super style, this would be just for fun to see if it was ever
rebuilt.

Also on the Hs there is a grease fitting in the flywheel that should be
lubricated, if it is not lubed it will make the clutch stick. This is espically
true on a tractor that has set for a while. It is accessed through a hole in the
bottom of the bell housing. Flywheel has to be in the right position to grease
it. So someone should turn the engine over easy while someone else used a stick
or something other than a human body part to find the hole on the outside of the
flywheel.
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685