[AT] 2-cycle oil and 340 Farmall

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Sun May 9 13:13:27 PDT 2010

Okay, I see I need to clear things up.  I should have made two postings.

The 340 Farmall is gas.  It is still difficult to get on and off of.
And I still do not have photos.

My diesel is in a Freightliner.  3406 mechanical Cat.  Vintage 1997.  It
for dang sure needs some lubricant.  It runs very bad without it.  I
would not have ever believed the difference unless I was witness.  It is
unreal.  Someone somewhere posted the use of 2-cycle oil as an additive
and I was wondering what the ratio was.  Maybe the posting was not on
this list.

The lubricant in the low sulfur diesel from the refiner is a bunch of
crap.  It does not work for the older engines.  Several of the
manufacturers are now recommending additives for their new engines.
General Motors and John Deere to name a couple.  Cat quit the truck
engines, I guess. Figure that one out.  Perhaps there really isn't any
lubricant added at the refinery?

Ron Cook
Salix, IA