[AT] Iron and lots of it

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun May 9 11:41:37 PDT 2010

What's wrong with Kubota's? I have practically no experience with them but I
did notice one of the 2 IH dealers in our area gave up the Case-IH tractors
(kept the parts contract though) and is now selling only Kubota
tractors---and LOTS of them. I had heard the old Kubotas weren't very
reliable/durable but thought they had changed their quality in recent years.

Speaking of new tractors, I was talking to a long time IH salesman last
fall. He was showing me a new IH tractor about 50 hp or so and told me the
price. I asked was it built as well as a 574. He said absolutely not. It was
what they sold to horse farms. If they were selling to a real farm then they
had a line that was far better built. While I have no proof, I think a lot
of the utility and smaller sized machines are fine for "playing" but not for
serious field work.

John Hall