[Farmall] Gas in Farmall M

William Ransom wllmrnsm89 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 14:58:21 PDT 2010

Last Friday, I bought an ignition file, and, after I filed the points, I got the M's magneto to spark. From what has been said about gas in some of the other messages, I take it I should drain the gas that was put in the M in 2006 out before trying to start it again. There was no stabilizer put in it. Last year, when I removed the main jet adjusting screw from the carburetor to see if the gas was getting that far, the gas that came out looked very yellow. That was just after the last time I tried to start the M, when its engine didn't seem to fire at all. As I mentioned before, when I tried to start it in 2007 and 2008, the engine seemed to be trying to start, but it wouldn't really run.