[AT] [Farmall] Farmall Super M, Stage II, question down in the weeds

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sat Jul 17 08:28:50 PDT 2010

Hi Roberto.  I think you've got the answer.  I posted this same question on
another list and a gentleman there said IH used the same clutch housing for
the Stage II Super Ms that they used for the SW6 tractors, and on SW6s those
are the battery box mounting points.  I would imagine an SW6 and B-450
standard must be quite similar.

And Mike, your thought about all the holes being drilled and tapped makes
sense.  So on my and Dudley's tractors the plugs were apparently removed at
some point for some purpose, or simply fell out and got lost somewhere over
the years, but all the castings likely got drilled and tapped at the factory
regardless of which type of tractor they ended up on.

Having satisfied that little bit of curiousity, I'm taking the afternoon off
from tractor stuff to go to the Dayton Air Show and watch the Blue Angels
fly.  I can tell it's air show day because the afternoon forecast is for
blazing hot and humid, ideal conditions for walking around on an asphalt
parking apron for several hours.  :-)

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net