[AT] Off topic but tractor related

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 8 22:57:49 PDT 2010

Peas are a cash crop here just like canola and flax. They are a good mix in
the rotation for continuous croppers and require no additional nitrogen
fertilizer. I've never grown them but the neighbours seem to do well with
them. Yes I've heard of 50 bushel crops too. Its standard practice to roll
the fields after seeding or emergence to push the stones down and make a
smooth surface because you have to run the combine header very close to the
ground to harvest peas. They usually desicate, then straight cut with 30
foot (or bigger) headers.

Ralph in Sask.