[AT] Off topic but tractor related

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 8 19:55:18 PDT 2010

There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands of acres of field peas right
around me. So bring your pail and help yourself. They are just starting to
bloom now and look like they will turn into a decent crop at least in this
area. Many acres of this province (12 million acres I think) were too wet to
seed this spring. Its just been one rain after another and the fields are
wetter now than they were at spring thaw. What crops do survive the excess
moisture look like they will be good.
Potatoes in my garden have been flowering for a couple of weeks and thats
early for this area.
Peas in my garden are as usual pretty much a failure as they just don't
germinate. Good thing I didn't plant a quarter section of them.
I sure don't envy the heat you guys are reporting. It has been around 70
most days lately which suits me fine.

Ralph in Sask.