[AT] Real farmers problems -adiscussionoflanduserelatedtofarming -wasfuel problemsgetexpensive-perspectivesandreactions

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jul 3 07:58:01 PDT 2010

Herb it's a much larger problem than that.    It's not uncommon to see as
many as 100 deer spread out in a field.  You shoot one, they all run, as
soon as they think you are gone they come back.  At least you can get a
permit to shoot the deer but  it's hard to get within 200 yards of them so
you need no less than a .223 rifle and preferably a 7mm,  .270, 30-06 or
.308 to bring them down clean.  You don't want to cripple them to wander
around and die.   When you start shooting high powered rifles you need to
know for certain what's in your line of fire.  As for the teenage boys you
mentioned, they are busy running through your fields on 4 wheelers without
permission.    I don't know if you can legally shoot the beaver.  I think
not.     As for the Nutria,  they are big rats but are pretty small when
spread out over several hundred acres and since they burrow in the ground
they are hard to find.

Most farmers around here are hunters as well as their children.  If it was
as simple as shooting the critters it wouldn't be a problem.

Charlie
problems -adiscussionoflanduserelatedtofarming -wasfuelproblemsgetexpensive-perspectivesandreactions> Guys (with wildlife problems);  any teenage boys or girls in your