[AT] Real farmers problems - a discussion of landuserelatedtofarming - was fuel problems getexpensive-perspectives andreactions

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 2 16:06:43 PDT 2010

This is a sore subject with me, because like John mentions, we are overrun
with deer, and the state of NC for the most part could care less. Yes,
hunters fund wildlife management programs with hunting licenses, duck
stamps, excises taxes on ammunition, etc.  That's the way it should be, and
I don't mind it.  I just wish they would also fund landowners and motorists
for their losses due to deer, beaver, and other wildlife damage with some of
that money.   In other words, the majority of the population shouldn't be
over-run with overprotected species so that hunters can hunt.  I'll gladly
let the deer destroy my crops, and collide with my vehicles, if the wildlife
commission will show up regularly with their checkbook!

Al