[AT] Real farmers problems - a discussion of land use relatedto farming - was fuel problems get expensive -perspectives and reactions

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jul 2 04:45:40 PDT 2010

Here in OK the insurance commissioner worked with the legislature and
the wildlife department to increase hunting season on does to reduce the
population.  He cited the dollar amount lost and lives lost every year
to deer collisions with vehicles.  Poor guy had a small charity to
provide shoes to disadvantaged kids and used his campaign funds to
finance it and ended up in prison for it...

I have had three breakdowns this year and have spent about 2 days
repairing my sickle from hitting dirt mounds where the coyotes have been
hunting rats or whatever.  They will pile dirt up where they have dug a
hole and either I hit the hole with the wheel, or run into the mound
with the sickle.  The grass is very heavy and you cannot tell where they
are.   It really tears up a pasture for cutting prairie hay.  There is
really no good way to smooth it out..

Cecil in OKla