[AT] OT I'm getting older are you?

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Thu Jan 28 17:26:39 PST 2010

    CV

    We must have grown up about the same time. I remember listening to all
of those shows. We got our first TV in 1955 when our older brother came home
from 2 years in Japan with the Air Force. I wa 13 at the time. We too had a
radio in the bedroom. Only electric in the room was the 1 overhead light
with a screw in socket to plug the radio in. Had to unscrew the bulb to
listen to the radio or dad would yell at us. When I started farming, I had a
radio on the tractor and working late nights a lot of the old shows could be
heard. Been known to work an extra hour to hear the next episode in a
series.

    Joined the Air Force in 1964 and the only radio we were allowed to have
in basic training, was a crystal radio. They sold them in the PX and several
of us had them. Easy ti hide during inspection and could listen on the
earpiece. We spent a lot of work upgrading them to get better reception.A
wire clip to the bed frame made a good antenna.

                                    Gene