[AT] OT I'm getting older are you?

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:08:23 PST 2010

The first 8 or 9 years of my life were not exposed to a TV at home.  My older brother and I spent many winter evenings in our room with an old Philco cathedral radio listening to "The Lone Ranger", "Sargent Preston of the Yukon", "Tom Mix", Inner Sanctum," "The Great Gildersleeve" "Sky King", etc.  I was also a Country Music fan.  We had almost no broadcast of it locally, so I spent a lot of time trying to drag in WSM, Nashville, WWVA, Wheeling, and WCKY, Cincinatti, 1 Ohio, the home of Queen City Records at 1530 on the AM dial as I recall.  I think the Saturday morning challenge was CHML from Canada.  Those were the days, even without "The Fonz"..  I will say that those activities were pretty effective at keeping us our of reform school and jail.  I used to have bare copper wire strung two times around my bedroom near the ceiling for my radio antenna.

Charlie V. in WNY