[AT] OT I'm getting older are you?

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Jan 28 10:56:27 PST 2010

> I'm getting older, Are you?
>

>                       I'm older than dirt
>

>      <Snip>
>      1.Candy cigarettes

Still available in better candy stores

>      2.Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes

See them in some of the diners I hit.

>      3.Home milk delivery in glass bottles

Never had it due to location in the country.

>      4. Party lines on the telephone

Had one, Weird thing is that supposedly they no longer exist in this
area , BUT if you dial your own phone number it will tell you that "you
have dialed the number of your party line, please hang up and wait for
your party to answer" (actually works pretty good as an intercom if you
have a phone in the shop)

>      5.Newsreels before the movie

Have seen the newsreels but never as a current item.

>      6.TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were
>      there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3
>      channels [if you were fortunate])

Saw these when I was growing up. Remember the saturday afternoon monster
movies real well>

>      7.Peashooters

>      8. Howdy Doody

Could not STAND the show .

>      9. 45 RPM records

Vinyl is making a comeback! there are some new companies that are
recording strictly to LPs...

>      10.Hi-fi's

Big MONSTER console units. Ours had AM/FM Record player and an 8 track
with record!

>      11. Metal ice trays with lever

Worked great BUT the plastic ones are easier to keep clean.

>      12. Blue flashbulb

Still use them. Both individual and even have some cubes left!

>      13.Cork popguns

ANNOYING, things you hear them at Cabelas.

>      14. Studebakers

Both parents had them.

>      15. Wash tub wringers

Use one for my shop rags and such.

>      If you remembered 0-3 = You're still young
>      If you remembered 3-6 = You are getting older
>      If you remembered 7-10  = Don't tell your age,
>      If you remembered 11-15 =You're older than dirt!
>
>      I might be older than dirt but those memories are some of the best
>      parts of my life.
>
>      Don't forget to pass this along!!
>      Especially to all your really OLD friends....

Oh I'm 43....

--
Steve W.