[AT] Greg E, Gene D or anybody - VAC HP bump-up question.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 06:09:33 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM, H. L. Staples
<hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com> wrote:
> Farmer not sure about the engine speed changes that may have been made.
>
> My VAI uses a different gear ratio on the final drive than the VAC.
>
> It seems to have a much higher ground speed for the same gear selection.
>
> The VA parts book list the three different gear sets that were available for
> the final drive assembly for this Case series.
>

> H. L. Staples
> McLoud, Oklahoma
> USA
======================================

H.L.
Your observations would sort of match with my thought of the
industrial being based a little more on being used more like a little
utility truck or Jeep might be. Lots of towing and shuttling about
rather that doing all day field work. Do a moving job and then move
quickly to another job sort of thing.
-
Since the VAI calls for an extra 325 RPM top engine speed maybe I
should just try to talk son Scott into selling me the one I found for
him. I don't believe he is particularly excited about it. It is stuck
but I don't "think" it has been full of water. The sheet metal is
pretty straight but is uniformly pitted all over. Not rusted through
but pitted. He was really wanting something that would be an easier
restoration. It has been sitting in the barn down the road with oil in
on top of the pistons for a year now. This VAI has an extremely heavy
looking mid mount sickle mower under it.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"