[AT] Greg E, Gene D or anybody - VAC HP bump-up question.

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Jan 15 07:02:29 PST 2010

    I have a 1944 VAI with a Lull loader mounted on it. It is geared
extremely fast and is virtually useless on the loader. Being so fast and low
on power, it is very limited on what it will do. The nice thing is the
loader has down pressure and works well for piling brush and then packing it
down with the loader.
    The mower on Scott's VAI is likely a Detroit mower and these were very
popular for roadside mowing. The high travel speed was necessary for
traveling to and from the mowing jobs.
    Increasing the engine speed on your VAC is a simple matter of replacing
the governor spring with the stronger spring of the VAI or may find a
generic spring that will do the same thing.

                                    Gene