[AT] Spam> Hello- NOW SNOW

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:18:30 PST 2010

Having just got back from AZ, I was pleased to see how much snow removal
equipment they had in AZ, NM, and OK, It still took 2 days to cover 900 mi
from OK City to IN, but my night vision on ice, just is not what it used to
be. Going down, OK had a LOT of snow, but as Ceil says, most of it gone on
way back.  Rain, snow and freezing temps make interesting problems for the
DOT. The public want it cleared NOW, and they expect to drive as on dry
pavement. The only trucks I saw in the ditch were in IN.  Coming across TX,
we just caravanned, no one in a hurry, no passing, plenty of space ... 95%
professional drivers, and not a bad drive, even at night.

I did get to meet and visit Ken while in AZ

Paul;-46555