[AT] Engine Temp Gauges

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 1 09:07:49 PST 2010

I'd have to check but I think that the gauge and the shutters did come together as one attachment.  No Super A had a water pump from the factory.  The '54 Super A-1's did but there weren't many of them.  The temp. sensor mounted in the upper radiator connection on them.  If a Super A has a water pump, it was added later. When you add a pump on, you remove the lower water elbow, which elliminates the place where the gauge sensor goes.

I don't think the water pump conversion was as common here as in some places.  My Super A has been here since new, and it was worked HARD a lot, and never had need for one.  I could see that in some situations it could be an advantage to add a pump but we just never needed it.

Al