[AT] Engine Temp Gauges

drupert at seanet.com drupert at seanet.com
Mon Feb 1 10:31:02 PST 2010

Changing to the Farmall H for a moment -

The parts catalogs would seem to indicate that disc brakes came to the H
line at the tail end of the H production and that all Super H's had discs
as standard.

Specifically, the H Parts Catalog (TC-27E) shows discs starting at S/N
391358 and up which means that only the last few hundred H's had them.
However, this manual also shows an aftermarket disc brake which could be
retrofitted on all prior H's.  I have seen a couple of H's with these
aftermarket disc brakes and, if you observe carefully, you can see that
they are different from the factory installed discs on the SH's.  The SH
Parts Catalog (TC-49) shows only one brake and that is the disc brake that
was installed on the H's at S/N 391358.

Don't know if/how this relates to the M/SM but I do know I have seen the
aftermarket disc brake on the straight M.

Dudley