[AT] gasoline

Jim & Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Thu Dec 30 17:20:56 PST 2010

No he doesn't work for the government, he works for the renewable fuel
institute, which consists of farmers and ethanol producers as members.  It
is an organization just like the Pork Producers or the Beef Producers.
He is biased.  You don't have to believe him.  Just believe the facts, not
the lies propagated by the oil industry.

I am also biased.  I work for a equipment manufacturer that has done very
well because corn prices are up.  I have burned many 1000s of gallons of E10
in my life without problems.  I can also see the nearest ethanol plant from
my picture window.

Yes, a 1952 Farmall will run with 100% ethanol.  You will have to richen it
up some to counteract the less BTUs.  It will burn more fuel per hour.  If
you can bump the compression to about 10-1 or more it will run a lot better
as it will take advantage of the higher octane.  You may have to replace
some of the old rubber in the fuel system.

Henry Ford designed his model T to run on 100% ethanol.