[AT] gasoline

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Thu Dec 30 20:44:45 PST 2010

Hi jim,
On Dec 30, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jim & Lyn Evans wrote:

> No he doesn't work for the government, he works for the renewable fuel
> institute, which consists of farmers and ethanol producers as members.
And Federal Grants support the RFI!
>  It
> is an organization just like the Pork Producers or the Beef Producers.
Not exactly!
> He is biased.
WOW, I can hardly believe that.
>  You don't have to believe him.
I don't!
>  Just believe the facts, not
> the lies propagated by the oil industry.
Please point out these "facts."

> I am also biased.
WOW, I have a hard time believing that.
>  I work for a equipment manufacturer that has done very
> well because corn prices are up.
I already figured that out!
>  I have burned many 1000s of gallons of E10
> in my life without problems.  I can also see the nearest ethanol plant from
> my picture window.
Hell, Sarah can see Russia from her back porch!

> Yes, a 1952 Farmall will run with 100% ethanol.  You will have to richen it
> up some to counteract the less BTUs.
Less btu's than gasoline? What do I have to "richen" it with?
>  It will burn more fuel per hour.
Thus more expensive?
>  If
> you can bump the compression to about 10-1 or more it will run a lot better
> as it will take advantage of the higher octane.
How, exactly can I do that in a 1952 Farmall? I I take 0.001 off the head will that do the trick?
>  You may have to replace
> some of the old rubber in the fuel system.
ROFLMFAO!

> Henry Ford designed his model T to run on 100% ethanol.
Please provide the facts/sites where I can fine out more about this. Did he "bump up the compression to about 10-1?"
	Dave