[AT] Change - way off topic

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 5 19:51:02 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve W." <swilliams268 at frontier.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] Change - way off topic

> Now that a lot of states are passing No texting while driving laws, I am
> amazed at people who are downloading apps that allow them to talk to the
> phone which then converts speech to text.
>
> Now if you are going to talk to the phone anyway why not just TALK to
> the person instead?????

TExting while driving?? Is there anyone crazy enough to do that? Its been
proving that we do not multi task nearly as well as we would like to
believe. I'm betting that a lot of motor vehicle accidents nowadays are the
result of someone "multi tasking" with their cell phone. If its not against
the law it sure ought to be.
When I 'm driving on quiet country roads I "might" answer a cell phone call
if I'm expecting an important one. Otherwise it will have to wait. Far as
I'm concerned driving needs 110% of my attention.

Ralph in Sask.