[AT] Smoothing a gravel road

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sun Aug 29 11:06:27 PDT 2010

IMHO, it is hard to beat a Gill for that job, Don.  It is AKA a soil pulverizer, and it does an excellent job without having to scoop and move a bunch of gravel.  They normally have a couple rows of scarafier spikes followed by one or two spiked rollers that are spring loaded.  The real beauty of one is that it takes ZERO talent or skill to run one.  All you do is drive, and magically all the high spots disappear and all the low spots are filled in with a perfectly smooth road bed left behind.  The machine doesn't care what you are leveling.  It works equally well on a garden, lawn, parking lot, driveway, etc.  I got rid of the counterweight on the 3-point of my FEL tractor and carry the Gill on it instead.

Larry