[AT] Smoothing a gravel road

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 29 10:18:58 PDT 2010

I recently had my road torn up then fixed and new gravel brought in. In
the process they left it a little rough in a couple of places and I plan
to bring in some more gravel to fix a low spot.

I pulled out the little Farmall DX29 and started playing in the rock
with the front end loader but soon realized that what little I did know
I have long since forgotten. I grew up around construction equipment and
worked a D4 on finish work while in high school

What I need are comments on how to smooth a gravel road. I have the
front end loader, scoop, and box blade. I would like some suggestions on
how to smooth out the gravel road and if I need other tools and how to
make them.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU