[Farmall] stuck engine

Bob Currie tracturs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 21:40:18 PDT 2010

Kevin, there are many different solutions you can try. I don't recommend any
particular one, but I did read a study done at a big university that tested
five or six of the top brands, and then tried some "home brews". The test
results using torque lbs to loosen the rusted parts showed that a 50/50 mix
of ATF was the most effective. But it's worth considering that it could be
something other that the common stuck piston in a cylinder. So, do as Mike
suggests with jacking up one rear wheel, transmission in gear, and then try
to isolate the stuck place. You didn't say how long it has been soaking. If
the gently rocking of the rear wheel, soaking for weeks, and tap, tap, tap
doesn't work, I'd recommend pulling the rocker arm assembly and head from
the motor to have a look.

bobcurrie
Greenwood, CA