[Farmall] stuck engine

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 06:03:30 PDT 2010

A "stuck" engine can be many things. If it is just one piston and a
little rust, patience and the use of penetrating fluid can work. Jack up
one wheel, put the transmission in gear, and give the raised wheel a few
gentle twists once a day or so. Sometimes that is all it takes.

But there are so many different things that can cause an engine to be
"stuck" it is hard to give one simple reply. I foolishly bought a
Farmall H that had been left without the head for several years. I ended
up having to use a hydraulic jack and chain arrangement to get the
pistons out of the liners - both the pistons and the liners were pretty
far gone in the end.

Mike