[AT] What to do..

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Thu Apr 29 07:13:08 PDT 2010

Forty some years ago, I took a friend along on a 60 mile trip to look at
a 40 Ford.  It was a very nice car and probably worth the asking price.
However, I made an offer and exchanged phone numbers with the owner.
The following evening I called.  The car had been sold.  Fair enough.
About 3 months later I discovered the car in my friends parents garage.
Seems he mentioned this nice Ford to his brother and early the next day
a purchase was made.  I was upset.  They called it business.  The price
doubled and the brother tried selling it to me.  Geez.  I have a
description for those types.  I no longer make offers and leave.  I
either buy it there, or forget it.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA