[AT] What to do..

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 29 06:26:26 PDT 2010

Here's another lesson I learned the hard way.  Never take someone with you
when you go to buy something.  I called a guy about an outboard motor once.
On my way to look at it I decided to take a friend along.  When we got there
my friend struck up a conversation with the seller that kept me from being
able to talk to him about the motor.  Then about that time a fellow in his
early 30's with his toe headed 8 year son walked up.  The guy stopped
talking to my friend to speak to them.  The young guy said he came about the
motor.  The little boy was staring at that outboard and smiling from ear to
ear.  The seller said well these fellows were here first.  I said no go
ahead, I don't want it.  The truth is I did want it and if my friend had
kept  his mouth shut it would have been bought before the fellow and his kid
showed up but there was no way I was going to buy it and  upset that little
boy.  I hope they enjoyed it.

Charlie