[Farmall] Farmall Super A-1 industrial Help needed!

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sun Apr 11 11:12:16 PDT 2010

According to Guy Fay's book, the serial prefix for an industrial should be
IAA1 and the engine number prefix should be ICM.  Your engine number (which
you posted elsewhere) is about right for your serial number.  So I suspect
all the industrial parts may have been moved from another tractor.  The
other (pretty unlikely) explanation is that Guy's prefix info is incorrect.
The only differences between a Farmall and the industrial are:
- heavy front axle (with brace), could be moved from a donor.
- foot accelerator, could come from the donor.
- decals, not trustworthy as most have been replaced at some point.

The lower steering gear housing has to be changed along with the axle.  Did
you check it for a date code?  If it has one, it may be the only mismatched
code on the tractor.
Jim Becker