[Farmall] Governor Timing

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Fri Apr 2 04:39:58 PDT 2010

Yes there are timing marks. Now I don't know if the A is marked the same
way the Cub is marked, but when I was setting the timing on my Cub for the
first time I could not find the timing mark for the magneto after I lined
up the timing mark with the crank. Turns out the timing mark is on the
opposite side of the gear and is not easy to see. I used chalk to mark the
two teeth on each side of the timing mark so that I could install the
magneto without too much hassle, but the chalk isn't long lasting and I
had to be careful when setting things up or I'd wind up wiping if off, or
it would disappear if It turned the gears too much and the gears made
contact. What I did was take a Dremel tool and transferred the timing mark
to the other side of the gear so that I could see it when standing in
front of the Cub, looking rearward as I slid the magneto into position. It
just takes a small spot on the gear that is easy to see. Be careful to
transfer it correctly.  I guess you could also mark the gear with a small
paint dot but don't know how well that would hold up.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.