[Farmall] Farmall Super A-1 industrial Help needed!

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Sat Apr 10 16:08:50 PDT 2010

Gary,  I will try not to pass along wrong information.  I have a Farmall A and an International A.  The first is a 1941 and the second is a 1946.  The International A has a IAA prefex and the Farmall A has the FAA prefix.  The International has the bracing, footfeed and the cast square front axle.  Now it is possible on your tractor the rear end was replaced with perhaps the rear casting having broke.  Along with that would have come the serial number from the parts tractor since the serial number is under the seat.  Or by 1954 IH was doing something different with the serial numbers, but that I do not know.  My two tractors are pretty well identical except for the three items I mentioned.  That is no difference in radiator height, gas tank length, etc.  By the mid 1950s, I do not know.  In any case, the foot feed, square front axle, and bracing are characteristics of the International A.

Larry Hardesty