[AT] Demolition

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Apr 9 09:22:20 PDT 2010

Usually it boils down to transportation costs on some of these things.  If the local farmers/collectors don't want something then it goes for scrap.

Although my neighbors combine was a perfectly good usable combine and he could only get a couple hundred for it, I doubt anyone on the east coast or Canada would have wanted to pay the shipping costs to move it.

The combine destruction derby guys bought it and early one Sunday morning they started it up and drove it down the back roads to their place.

I'd bet anyone wanting a good usable older combine for a low price could still find one.  Problem is getting it to your place for a reasonable price.

George