[AT] Trailer brake controler

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:04:47 PDT 2009

I have never understood why, but 5th wheels are required to have the battery
break away, gooseneck have chains. Is it worth it? Having hauled a few
miles, I don't pull without one on MY trailer.  I have had 2 incidents where
the trailer did unhook (one, my bad hooking up in dark at 4:am). In both
cases, breaks applied, tongue was held up off pavement (reasonably) and why
chains are crossed.  Other than a little scraping on the jack, no damage. Of
course clean underwear helps afterwards.

Paul - IN