[AT] TMCOTKU tractor count is down by one.

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Oct 23 06:59:34 PDT 2009

The MF 1155 and the White 2-105 have the same style of cylinders on the
rear rockshaft to lift the 3 point.  The MF was plugged to keep it from
leaking when we sold it, and now the 2-105 is plugged on one side and
the other is beginning to leak.  The 1105 would freeze in the control
valve in the sump and constantly pressurize the lift arms. It was a 10
hr job to remove the top deck loosen the valve and then reinstall.  It
appeared that material from the brake linings was building up in the
valve and sticking it.  I changed all filters, removed the top deck and
reinstalled it over 6 times, and when I thought it had it fixed, Dad put
the way oil in it and some brake fluid to swell the seals.  I think he
subconsciously wanted to ruin it so we had to get rid of it.  He was
scared of it because it could jump when the governor kicked in, it had
so much power.  My Dad really had no business driving anything with more
horsepower than a 10 yr old horse!!!  He thought he was the world's best
driver, and when someone new came around, he had to show off and then is
when I had to repair fences, machinery, etc from him running over stuff.

Now that I am retired and trying to farm I am finding out what he really
tore up when I was working.  Every time I get a piece of equipment out,
I find that it was broken or tore up and put back in place.

Cecil in OKla