[AT] TMCOTKU tractor count is down by one.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:40:26 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Paul Waugh <pwaugh at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> This was my sentiments exactly growing up. They were not considered farm
> tractors. BUT, we have a Jubilee today with factory loader and it is a small
> work horse. So far we have put in 350 ft of driveway, doing the work with
> the Jubilee or by hand.  Got another 450 ft to go :)).  I counted my steps
> getting on yesterday. 1) on sway bar 2) on PTO shaft, 3) left axle housing,
> 4) the seat, 5) left floor board, 6) right floorboard, remembering to keep
> foot in FRONT of pedals.  Now my son of 28 can approach from any direction
> and mount the dam thing. Front and rear are no problem for him, from the
> sides, he has to take a good hop to make the top of tire.  Oh to be young
> again.  Anyway, for the money it earns its keep, not sure too many IH in
> those years are quite as much a collector item.  The IH 300 U  is a darn
> good tractor also.
>
> Paul - N. Webster, IN
=====================================

The loader that we used for may years on out Ferguson TO-20 and the
Jubilee Ford was made by Meyers in Morton Il and was a side entry
loader much like many of the new ones. It was of course not so
polished and was a trip bucket but it served us well for manure and
light dirt moving jobs. Much like my current loader it was used more
for hoisting jobs than anything else. On my current loader I have a
large grab hook attached to the floor of the bucket on a loose link so
I can just loop a chain over the hook and quickly lift stuff. That
loader is a New Idea trip bucket (was supposed to have been converted
by now) mounted on my Super M with 3 point hitch.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"